We realize there are many questions and concerns regarding COVID-19, how it may affect your child, and how it may affect your visit to Pediatric Endocrine Associates.
Following guidance from public health officials, we are taking the following measures to minimize exposure and maximize safety. Please call our office for a detailed description of how we are taking swift action to promote the safety of our patients, providers, and staff.
We understand that your children may be feeling anxious at this time, particularly with all the changes in the nation and the office. We have the best staff, providers and families in the community, and we will get through this together!
- Patients and their families including personnel are required to wear a mask to ensure the safety of our patients, providers, and staff. Masks will be provided for free if patients/families are not wearing any upon arrival.
- Items touched frequently such as magazines and toys have been removed in accordance to our infection prevention policy. Any food or drinks are also prohibited to prevent the spread of illness.
- We are consulting with colleagues and healthcare officials to provide additional guidance and processes to support infection prevention in all of our care facilities.
- We are disinfecting frequently touched surfaces before and after the arrival of patients including waiting rooms, patient rooms and check in stations. Our disinfectants are effective in killing the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as other pathogens.
Screening and Distancing
- We are not taking any walk-in appointments at this time. All appointments will have to be scheduled including lab draws and injections.
- All patients and families arriving at our clinic will be screened daily and may include clinical screening if necessary. We are limiting the number of people that accompany the patient to three (including the patient) for their appointment to only parents and/or guardians.
For More Information About COVID-19 Please Visit:
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: https://covid19.colorado.gov/
- ADA Return to School Recommendations: https://www.diabetes.org/resources/know-your-rights/safe-at-school-state-laws/safe-school-coronavirus-resources
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 Considerations for Schools: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/schools.html
- AAP COVID-19 Planning Considerations for School Re-entry: https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/clinical-guidance/covid-19-planning-considerations-return-to-in-person-education-in-schools/