We realize there are many questions and concerns regarding COVID-19, how it may affect your child, and how it may affect your visit to Pediatric Endocrine Associates.
Following guidance from public health officials, we are taking the following measures to minimize exposure and maximize safety. Please see our Virtual Visit and In-Person appointment pages for more information on your visit.
We understand that your children may be feeling anxious at this time, particularly with all the changes in the nation and the office. We have the best staff, providers and families in the community, and we will get through this together!
- Patients and their families including personnel are required to wear a mask to ensure the safety of our patients, providers, and staff. Masks will be provided for a small fee if patients/families are not wearing any upon arrival.
- Items touched frequently such as magazines and toys have been removed in accordance to our infection prevention policy. Any food or drinks are also prohibited to prevent the spread of illness.
- We are consulting with colleagues and healthcare officials to provide additional guidance and processes to support infection prevention in our care facilities.
- We are disinfecting frequently touched surfaces before and after the arrival of patients including waiting rooms, patient rooms and check in stations. Our disinfectants are effective in killing the virus that causes COVID-19, as well as other pathogens.
Screening and Distancing
- We are not taking any walk – in appointments at this time. All appointments will have to be scheduled including lab draws and injections.
- We are leveraging telemedicine technology to provide care for patients enabling them to receive daily, consistent care from their homes and creating a safer environment in our facilities.
- We are triaging patients who must be seen in person for a physical examination. At this time, patients permitted in the clinic are only patients who are arriving for a blood draw and/or receiving an injection.
- All patients and families arriving at our clinic will be screened daily and may include clinical screening if necessary. We are limiting the number of people that accompany the patient for their appointment to only parents and/or guardians.